Payments Officer (Settlements)
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you want to do some interesting things, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you.
We are a people first business and flexibility is key to that – whether you prefer to be in our beautiful office space full time or prefer to work in a hybrid manner, we don’t mind!
About the role
As a Payments Solutions Officer, you will be a key part of the daily loan settlements and post-settlement loan servicing functions across Wisr’s core product. By leveraging your analytical skills, technical knowledge & problem solving capabilities within the financial services industry, you will provide a high level of customer service to our direct customers and brokers.
This role will be supporting our wider Finance Team, ensuring that accurate information and calculations are provided/processed in a timely manner.
What you'll do:
• Perform daily receivables functions, this involves clearing and allocation of funds, management of arrears positions and treatment of dishonours.
• Perform daily batch payable functions, which involves the settling of new loans and delighting customers when their new Wisr loan hits their account.
• Support our customers with loan servicing enquiries, and maintain exceptional customer service standards.
• Support the 'Wisr App' weekly payout process - an Australian first innovation that helps customers pay down their debts faster.
• Support monthly Aggregator and Broker commissions calculations, including any clawback of commission. This activity requires a strong attention to detail and requires effective analytical skills to run large macros, evaluate data for accuracy and prepare banking payment records.
• Analyse and reconcile inflows and outflows of financial transactions ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
• Support funder loan sales ensuring the ledger is updated to reflect changes accurately.
• Identify areas of improvement or potential risks, and contribute to remediation actions as needed.
• Support internal stakeholders to resolve complex issues within the payments space.
Ideally, you have had initial experience working within the financial industry. You are an excellent verbal and written communicator, with a high attention to detail and an analytical mindset.
To be successful in the role, you’ll also have:
• Tertiary qualifications are highly desirable
• A good understanding of Australia’s banking and payments landscape
• Proven track record with exceptional customer service
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to search for the answers to problems
• Solid understanding of Operational Risk across transaction processing functions
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal and attention to detail
• Highly energized, proactive and a team player who can multitask
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where change is constant
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
• Flexible and hybrid working
• $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
• Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
• Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills
• Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
• Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
• Arcade machine & massage pod
• Regular social events and awesome team offsites
• Access via WHEREFIT to discounted gym memberships, corporate discounts for wellbeing products and more!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind.
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.