Content Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you want to do some interesting things, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you.
We are a people first business and flexibility is key to that – whether you prefer to be in our beautiful office space full time or prefer to work in a hybrid manner, we don’t mind!
About the role
We are looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to represent Wisr’s identity on digital channels and strategically engage our community. The role will be responsible for executing our content strategy, and maintaining consistency and cohesion across all product communications.
We’re after a creative thinker with endless ideas and a flair for bringing them to life. Writing comes naturally to you, with the ability to communicate concisely and effectively – while also having an eye for visuals and design.
As a core part of the marketing team, this role will play a pivotal role in driving conversion and customer experience and engagement through on-point content including but not limited to: social media posts, blog content, emails, product copy, customer case studies and video scripts.
Skills in copywriting and creative thinking are a must and bonus points for proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
What you’ll do:
• Work within our Customer Experience Marketing team and with in-house designers to ideate and deliver epic campaigns that our customers will love
• Produce SEO-specific content to drive results aligning with our existing strategy
• Write product and website copy that makes finance stuff easier to understand for our customers
• Plan and develop original content across Wisr’s owned and paid channels
• Maintain an ongoing social and content calendar
• Use your killer writing skills to write any and all communications needed
• Proactively identify new opportunities and initiatives to build Wisr’s brand awareness and grow user engagement
• Act as a brand guardian and ensure all outgoing collateral hits the mark
You live and breathe content marketing and content creation in all forms, with a creative flair and the ability to translate complex topics into digestible stories. Alongside this, you’re also commercially minded and understand how to use customer communications and social media to drive results just as much as engagement.
Ideally, you have had 4+ years’ experience in-house or within a creative, social or PR agency in a similar role. This is an exciting opportunity as a core part of the Marketing team to drive customer engagement and improve customer experience.
You’ll also have:
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong copywriting skills for short and long-form content adopting the Wisr tone of voice
• Experience running and executing content calendars
• A passion for creating high-quality deliverables with a can-do attitude
• A knack for translating complex topics into compelling, digestible stories
• Strong understanding of and experience with SEO
• A seasoned eye for detail and interest in design
• Experience working with UX designers and Product Owners (or a desire to start working with some great ones!)
• Experience monitoring key metrics for ongoing channel reporting
• An ability to work quickly and hit deadlines when required
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
• Flexible and hybrid working
• $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
• Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
• Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills
• Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
• Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
• Arcade machine & massage pod
• Regular social events and awesome team offsites
• Access via WHEREFIT to discounted gym memberships, corporate discounts for wellbeing products and more!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind.
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.