Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2023
About the role
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for seeking out new merchants and showcasing how Zip can help meet their payment needs. You will have experience prospecting, running discovery calls/demos, negotiating, and a track record of closing new business. You should also understand BNPL use cases and how to sell across multiple departments and industries. To be successful in this role you will understand how to go after new business and build relationships with potential customers.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a competitive environment, enjoy taking on new challenges, and are excited to drive new business in the fast-growing Buy Now, Pay Later space!
What your day will look like:
- Own your sales pipeline from prospect to close. Develop lead lists, build and grow your own book, and close new merchants for Zip with $200M+ in annual sales.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan, across multiple verticals. Including developing a process and repeatable method for uncovering new opportunities and building out a new territory.
- Deeply understand your merchant prospects to gain insight into their business challenges and develop solutions where Zip can add value
- You will own the sales process, often collaborating with internal functions (Marketing, Product, Finance, Merchant Success) to move deals forward and ensure merchant wins and success
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- 6 or more years experience in payments or technology sales at large mid market/enterprise level with clear examples of closing deals using a proven sales process
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, with the confidence to build relationships and sell to senior leaders and C-suite
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment, ruthlessly prioritizes activities that drive revenue
- Self-starter attitude, taking ownership and taking the lead to get merchants moving through the sales process. Ability to exercise judgment and objection handle without direct supervision.
- Ability to speak to previous experience developing relationships with C-level executives and senior decision makers in the retail industry and other key verticals that has resulted in revenue
- Resourceful and creative approach, able to see all the angles in a sales pitch and develop creative solutions/approaches
- Capacity to quickly learn new products and/or new verticals
- A strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency
Pay Range: 140,000 - 200,000 USD
The Pay Range for this position: Minimum - Maximum based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
See more open positions at Zip
Something looks off?